In the unlikely event that a product fails to meet our high standards, Sommuto offers a guarantee to the original purchaser to repair the product against faulty workmanship and materials for the period of ten years.
To be able to make a claim under any of the guarantees you must keep your original proof of purchase receipt.
Rights under the Australian Consumer Law
The benefits given by the guarantee set out in this document are in addition to any other rights and remedies you may have under a law in relation to the goods to which the guarantee relates.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Rights under this guarantee
Sommuto gives to the original purchaser a 10 year guarantee on this product against defects in workmanship and materials. If during the period of 10 years from the date of your purchase of this product, a defect caused by faulty workmanship or materials appears, Sommuto will repair your mattress within a reasonable time after receiving your valid guarantee claim. If the defect appears within the first year of the guarantee period, Sommuto will also pay all transportation costs, or reimburse such costs incurred by you where they were authorised by Sommuto, in relation to the repair of the mattress. If the defect appears after the first year of the guarantee period you will be responsible for paying all transportation costs.
How to claim under your ten year Guarantee
To be entitled to make a claim under your guarantee you must notify us of the defect with in 30 days after it has appeared. You must;
Provide us with your full name and address and details of the defect: and Provide us with your original proof of purchase receipt. You can notify us of the defect and make a claim by sending an email to email@example.com.
How to claim your costs if you are entitled to claim them
Unless otherwise stated in this document you will bear the cost of claiming under this guarantee. If you are entitled to claim labour or transportation costs, approved by Sommuto before they were incurred, and which directly relate to the repair of the mattress, please send your receipt as proof of payment of these costs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This guarantee does not cover:
- A mattress that, on inspection by Sommuto is found to be stained or in an unsanitary condition;
- Mattress damage caused by the mattress being on a slat base where the slats are more than 10cm apart;
- Mattress damage caused by defective timber or metal slats;
- Mattress damage caused by a base system that does not give even support;
- Mattress damage caused by a base system that does not provide adequate support in the centre;
- Normal wear and tear, or damage caused by mishandling, abuse. misuse or negligence including folding, bending, standing on or jumping on the mattress;
- Except as expressly stated, this guarantee does not include any right to be reimbursed or compensated for physical or financial injury, loss, damage, expense, time or inconvenience (whether direct or indirect) arising out of the occurrence of the defect in the mattress or your inability to use the mattress;
- Any use of this product other than the use for which it was originally intended is not the responsibilty of Sommuto.
Do not lift by yourself as you may injure your back.